Add my Microsoft 365 email to Outlook (Mac)
- Open Outlook. (Don't have the app? Here's how to download it.)
- From the menu bar, select Outlook > Preferences.
- Select Accounts.
- Select + (plus) > New account.
Note: You might need to choose your account type as Work/School to continue.
- Enter your email address and select Continue.
- Enter your email password and select Sign in.
- If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA), verify your account or set up the Authenticator app.
- Select Done. If you have more than one account, decide which account you want to set as the default.
Your account will display, and your email will load, which can take a few minutes.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web using your Microsoft 365 email address and password.
- Select New message.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 email address as the recipient, and add a test subject and message.
- Select Send.
- Open your phone or computer email app. When the test message arrives, select Reply. (It can take a few minutes to receive your email.)
- Enter a response and select Send.
- Go back to Outlook on the web and confirm that you received the response. (It can take a few minutes to receive your email response.)